Women Using Violence and Abuse in Intimate Relationships
Cost: £120 (including VAT) – Respect Members | £156 (including VAT) – Non-members
1. To revise various definitions and terms used in describing and responding to domestic violence.
2. To provide and develop knowledge and understanding of the ways women use intimate partner violence including how these may differ from men’s abusive behavior.
3. To develop understanding of categories of women identified as perpetrators of domestic violence and abuse, showing the value of correct identification and dangers of incorrect identification.
4. To provide and develop ways of identifying who is doing what to whom and with what consequences, using the simple assessment process and Respect model of categories of clients.
5. To develop skills in assessing the risks from and to women who use intimate partner violence.
6. To gain skills in responding appropriately to women who use intimate partner violence, including presentation of good practice standards and intervention manuals.
HOW TO BOOK
We do not currently have any dates confirmed for this course. Please email [email protected] to be notified when places become available for this training course.