Individual Work with Perpetrators of Domestic Abuse
Dates: 3rd to 6th July
Time: 9:30- 16:30
Location: London, near Old Street tube station.
Cost: Respect Members: £480 (including VAT); Non-members: £600 (including VAT)
This is a 4 day training which aims to convey the understanding and skills necessary to facilitate the Respect Individual Work Programme – which is a domestic abuse perpetrator programme designed to be delivered 1-1 over 20 core sessions plus a range of supplementary sessions selected to fit the individual client.
The training is participatory and practical, with a strong focus on working interactively with the programme materials. You will cover:
- Why the individual programme was developed, what settings it is designed for, and what agency structures are necessary to support safe practice.
- Challenges in working 1-1 with perpetrators of domestic violence: dealing with denial and working motivationally
- The balance between programme fidelity and working responsively with individual issues
- Initial engagement exercises
- Signals and Self awareness
- Analysing specific incidents of abusive behaviour – the iceberg technique as a visual method for implementing cognitive behavioural work
- Identifying and practicing non abusive alternative behaviours
- Increasing awareness of the impacts of domestic violence
- Working with emotionally abusive behaviours
- Working with jealousy
- Working with sexually abusive behaviours in intimate relationships
- Unpacking abusive incidents using storyboarding
- Overview of supplementary modules of the programme
HOW TO BOOK
Book online using our online booking form.
If you are interested in having this course commissioned and delivered at your site please contact: [email protected]