Respect, a pioneering domestic violence organisation, is looking for a Fundraiser Trustee to advise the Board of Trustees and the Chief Executive on fundraising. Respect supports frontline organisations across the UK, so that together we can end domestic abuse.
Respect’s mission focusses on changing, or disrupting, the behaviour of the perpetrators of domestic abuse; and on young people who are using violence in close relationships. Respect also works with male victims of domestic abuse.
Respect’s work is wide ranging: we offer accreditation of specialist Domestic Violence Prevention Programmes; we provide training for individuals and organisations working in the sector; we provide two helplines to enable service users to get the help and advice they need; we lobby influencers to improve policy and practice; we support up-to-date research undertaken by specialists in the field; and we fundraise to ensure important work continues to happen. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to support this work, and ultimately, help us reach our goal of stopping domestic violence.
Unusually in the domestic violence sector, Respect has a mixed gender staff team and Board of Trustees. This is your chance to work with a diverse team that is passionate about men and women working together to end domestic violence.
As a Trustee you will have the opportunity to shape the future of a unique charity and work with other trustees and the staff team.
We welcome suitably qualified applications from first-time Trustees. Full support, induction and reasonable expenses will be provided.
• Provide advice and guidance to the CEO and board on fundraising strategy and practice;
• Oversee the development of Respect’s fundraising strategy to grow and diversify its funding sources;
• Where appropriate, provide support for fundraising activities with a particular focus on increasing unrestricted funding through public and corporate avenues;
• Advise on income generation from Respect’s services and expertise;
• Advise on performance monitoring and targets for fundraising;
• Act as an ambassador for Respect, representing the charity and facilitating networking opportunities with potential donors, trusts, corporations or other potential funding streams;
• Sit on the Sustainability subgroup as the Trustee Fundraiser representative and feedback on this area to the Trustee Board.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrable expertise in Fundraising and income generating activities, ideally with a track record of having grown and diversified an organisation’s sources of funding;
• Willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort to meet the duties and responsibilities of the post;
• Strategic vision;
• Good, independent judgement;
• Ability to think creatively;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to speak your mind with tact and diplomacy;
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team;
• Commitment to, and willingness to work in accordance with, Respect’s principles, values and standards and the Nolan’s seven principles of public life as outlined in the Trustee Code of Conduct: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership;
• Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
Application deadline: Monday 9 April 2018, noon.
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 18 April at Respect’s London office.
To apply for this role download: