Jobs at Respect
VOLUNTARY OPPORTUNITY- TREASURER
Respect seeks a skilled Treasurer to provide practical financial support and advice to our board of trustees, and to help ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
We are recruiting a Treasurer who is passionate about stopping domestic violence to sit on our board of trustees. This is an important role and applicants should feel confident in their ability to grasp a thorough understanding of the charity’s finances, as well as contributing prompt consideration and guidance about arising financial matters to both board members and staff.
As an officer of our board, the Treasurer’s responsibilities will include:
- To maintain an overview of Respect’s financial affairs
- To ensure the organisation’s financial viability
- To ensure that proper financial records and procedures are maintained
- To chair the operations sub-committee
The Treasurer will be responsible for:
- Overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Ensuring that the financial resources of Respect meet its present and future needs
- Ensuring that the charity has an appropriate reserves policy
- The timely preparation and presentation of financial reports to the board (task delegated to the Finance team)
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Advising on the financial implications of Respect’s strategic plans
- Ensuring Respect’s compliance with legislation
- Ensuring equipment and assets are adequately maintained and insured
- Ensuring that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and the relevant statutory bodies
- If external scrutiny of accounts is required, ensuring that the accounts are scrutinised in the manner required (independent examination or audit) and any recommendations are implemented
- Keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities
- Contributing to the fundraising strategy of Respect
- Making a formal presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting and drawing attention to important points in a coherent and easily understandable way
- Working with the board’s chair and vice chair to ensure the smooth running of procedures
All Respect trustees are expected to:
- Demonstrate commitment to Respect’s aims and beliefs
- Ensure they have adequate time available to complete their duties
- Provide support and advice to the charity based on their skills and knowledge
- Support Respect fundraising and events
Interviews will be carried out at a mutually convenient date/time.
VOLUNTARY OPPORTUNITY – COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST TRUSTEE
Respect is looking for a Trustee to advise the Board of Trustees and the Chief Executive on communications and marketing.
The role is strategic and advisory, the communications Trustee will not be expected to deal with day-to-day operations activities, which are the responsibility of the Chief Executive and Operations Director.
- Advise Respect on the development of a communications strategy;
- Assist the development our messaging and brand;
- Help Respect to increase our public profile;
- Advise on Respect’s media and social media activity;
- Advise on the production of print and digital materials including website design;
- Provide advice or assistance to the CEO as needed on all matters relating to the charity’s communications.
For more information and to apply, please download the following documents:
Application deadline: Wednesday 1 March.
Interviews to be carried out the week starting 6 March.
PROGRAMME COORDINATOR – RELATE GMS
|Organisation Name||Relate GMS|
|Project/ Department Name||Bridging to Change|
|Position/ Job Title||Programme Coordinator|
|Contract||Fixed term contract 31.03.2020|
|Hours||37 hours per week|
|Salary||Grade 3 £28,000|
|Location||Trafford, Greater Manchester|
|Application Deadline||5pm Monday 6th March|
|Expected Interview Dates||Week commencing 13th March|
OVERVIEW OF ORGANISATION
We deliver a range of integrated support, therapies and programmes of work which help improve emotional wellbeing and ensure healthy and happy relationships. We believe that being surrounded by positive relationships supports high levels of emotional wellbeing and increased personal resilience. We want all relationships to be as good as possible. Relationships should be nourished and sometimes everyone needs support to do this.
We deliver services to people of all ages. We deliver services to individuals, couples, families and communities. We take a holistic approach to each person, tailoring support according to what you most want to achieve and the way in which you want to engage with us. We will work with everyone; our starting point is always about getting to know and understand you.
Accountability: To the Head of Domestic Abuse Service’s for the development and coordination of the Domestic Violence Prevention Programme and Integrated Partner Support Service across Greater Manchester.
Job Purpose: To co-ordinate programme delivery across Greater Manchester. Develop and manage data collection and reporting structures within the DVPP programmes.
Direct Reports: 2 Senior Practitioners, 5 Project Facilitators and 2 Integrated Partner Support Workers.
1. Line manage the Bridging to Change Team across Greater Manchester providing regular one-to-ones and performance appraisals and organising team meetings.
2. Develop and manage the use of new digital case management system.
3. Manage day to day processes of data collection, quality assurance and reporting within the DVPP and Integrated Support Services
4. Support the Head of Service and Senior Practitioners to retain Respect accreditation for the Bridging to Change programme across Greater Manchester.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the role please request an application pack from [email protected].
How to advertise a vacancy on Respect website
Rates for ads are:
Respect member – £25 +VAT per ad
Non member – £50 +VAT per ad
Your ad will be displayed on our website and will be included in our e-updates.