Respect Network Events.
Respect runs a programme of events for frontline workers, service managers, commissioners, funders, policy workers and researchers. Our events are practical and accessible, underpinning our three core strands of work: perpetrators of domestic violence, male victims of domestic violence and young people’s violence in close relationship; and support our ethos of high quality and safe service provision.
Working with Young People’s Violence in Intimate Relationships training course
25th February 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1st March 2019 @ 4:30 pm£720 - £900
This course aims to equip participants with a range of tools to respond to young people’s violence and abuse, and their parents. Using the Respect Young People’s Toolkit, participants will learn practical exercises for working with young people, guidelines for assessment and safe working process. The training includes full access to the online toolkit and the accompanying DVD materials, which have been developed and piloted for use with 13-19 year olds.
What will I learn?
Participants will learn to use various tools and techniques to address young people’s violence and abuse in close relationships. The course aims to ensure participants:
- Understand the forms of violence and abuse that young people might use
- Understand the toolkit and how to use it as part of existing work with young people who use violence and abuse
- Practise a range of skills and interventions to increase safety and decrease abusive behaviours with young people
- Learn to respond to the needs of both the young person who is using violence and abuse, and their family or partner appropriately
- Understand how to appropriately manage risk where a young person uses violence and abuse in a relationship
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is aimed at:
- Professionals who work with young people or families, ie. social workers, Cafcass officers, teachers etc.
- Sector workers who want to increase their knowledge of adolescents who use violence
- Sector workers who want to provide a service to young people who use violence and abuse in intimate relationships
Venue: London (to be confirmed)